Sunday, May 17, 2009

Camden's wonderful week!

Dear Family,
Things have been great for me this week.  As always work has kept me busy.  I work from 4 am to 12pm doing custodial work in a building on campus and other maintance and cleaning in a married apartment complex on campus.  Nothing really worth mentioning about my job, it's just to make money and pass the time.
I am very happy that the whole family has had an opportunity to meet Etta finally.  I'm glad that everyone really tried to make her feel at home when we went to California and included and apart of Kasondra's family when we went to Logan.  We had a fun double date on saturday with two of our former roomates that just started dating.  We played volleyball (which we practiced all week for and ended up losing!) and ate dinner.  After we had icecream, I had Etta's friends invite her along to a former-roommate pow wow sort of thing and I staged a little scavenger hunt for her.  She went to all the meaningful places that we have had fun at since we started dating, each with a flower or surprise there.  The last part of it was me blindfolding her and driving her to a park where we went on a date to once.  It was a really fun time, and she really enjoyed the surprise of it all (she had no idea I had been conspiring with her friends for a week)
Church this week was very good.  Temples were talked about quite a bit and I got a renewed determination to attend on a more regular basis.  All my meetings today helped encourage me to be the best latter day saint that I can be.  It was what I needed at the right time!  Elder Bednar also gave a insightful talk to the YSA not too long ago about avoiding excessive use of cyber space  and other forms of media that are harmless, but can be potentially addicting.  I am happy to report that my time spending doing those activities has decreased significantly and I spend more time reading and exercising.   The blessings are sweet when you live a gospel centered life!

No comments:

Post a Comment