Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I don't know why we can't just all use Facebook.

THIS IS A TEST OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF MY BRAIN. THIS IS ONLY A TEST.
I really don't have any idea how to use this blog thing. So this will be an experiment. I am not going to lie, I may not check this very often at all. Facebook is so much easier and it only takes a second to find out how everyone is doing. I realize this may not be a popular opinion, but I am getting old and as I age I become less and less savvy with the computer.
Just in case I managed to figure out how to do this correctly, I will give a little update on the rest of my family to avoid having to make a second post.
Brian is still waiting on background investigations for the California Highway Patrol. Turns out that he is a liar after doing the lie detector test. They said he lied about never operating a car under the influence of alcohol. Interesting, since he has never had a sip of alcohol ever, in his life. He also showed signs of stress when he was asked about committing domestic violence. I think we all know who gets beat in this relationship. Just kidding. At any rate, they did not disqualify him for any answer. Brian believes it is CHP's way of getting you to tell the truth. Bottom line.
Taylin is doing the school thing. We had a great time at Back to School night. We checked out all the things she has been working on this year. It was very scheduled and she loved every minute of it. She has had a rought last week at school. She got a diciplinary referal for kicking her best friend in the shin on the play ground. We discussed the incident with Taylin and teacher and thought we had the issue solved. We also had her walk down and appoligize to the girl at her home. Appearently a note was sent home the following day that got lost in a slew of returned class work. Taylin missed all of her recesses on Monday because we failed to sign and return the referal notice. KICKING IS WRONG. I just wonder if I would have handled things differently.
Briley is her usual smiley self, most of the time. She is pretty much at the whim of my workout schedule. We have a daily routine of dropping Taylin off at school and heading to the gym. She loves playcare at the gym. She loves to color pictures there. We come home and she is glued to Dora the Explorer until her nap time. She has most of the Dora the Explorer shows memorized, even the Spanish words.
I don't realy know what they do in the evening, since I am at work. Which brings it to me. I work between 25-35 hours a week, depending on what I am doing. I am finishing up a Lifeguard Training course. I love to teach and it is fun, but it is draining especialy when the students do not put in the effort to ever crack the book open. I am trying to ween myself from the babysitting center to just lifeguard and teach swim lessons this summer. I have been training hard for my first ever triathlon. The practice race will be June 6th at Rancho Secco. 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. I know I can complete it, but I have not done any outdoor biking so it will be a challenge. I am just hoping to get it finished under 2 hours and 30 minutes.
That is pretty much it. I will have to post pictures another time.

1 comment:

  1. I've been saying it for years! I knew Brian was a liar! Just kidding, but i'm sure glad he's making progress with the CHP!
    -Camden

    ReplyDelete